- cucumbers – 2 large, coarsely chopped (200g)
- cherry tomatoes – 8-10 pcs. halved
- scallions – 4-5 sprigs, coarsely chopped
- green peppers – 2 pcs. seeds removed
- red capia or bell pepper – 1 large
- kalamata olives – 1 cup
- feta cheese – 1 large slice, (whole or crumbled)
- fresh mint – 8-10 sprigs, coarsely chopped
- fresh thyme or macaron (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil – 6 tablespoons
- lemon juice – 2 tablespoons fresh
- honey – 1 tablespoon
- sea salt – for taste
Greek Feta Salad Recipe Before You Begin
It is a Greek salad with chunks. Feta cheese that is put on it in one piece is actually closer to curd cheese in terms of flavor rather than classical Turkish white cheese. It is a hard cheese without salt that can be consumed by diabetic patients.
Greek Feta Salad Recipe Directions
Chop all the ingredients coarsely, cut the onions in half and then into thin slices. Extract the seeds of the capia and village peppers and cut them in half. Chop some large and the other into small cubes (to be used visually on the cheese). Combine the ingredients, blend by hand. Add the small cubes of peppers and fresh spices on the cheese.
The Preparation of Vinegret Sauce
Vinegret sauce consists of 1 to 3 ratio lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Prepare the sauce in a clean, tightly sealed jar. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice, honey, olive oil salt, tightly close the lid and shake well for 50 seconds.