- black-eyed peas – 1 ½ cups boiled (250g)
- cherry tomatoes – 8-10 split in two
- scallions – 4-5 sprigs, finely chopped
- parsley – 1 bunch
- fresh mint – 1 bunch
- red onion – 1 medium halven, thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil – 6 tablespoons
- lemon juice – 2 tablespoons fresh
- honey – 1 tablespoon
- himalayan salt or sea salt
Cowpea Salad Recipe Preparation
Add plenty of water in the pot and add 1 spoon of salt and boil the kidney beans for 30-40 minutes until they are soft. If the boiling water turns black, pour some of the water and add a new one and continue boiling. The reason we do this is because it stains the kidney beans, its flavor is not affected, but we do not want it to have an appetizing appearance. After the kidney beans are boiled, drain and leave to cool.
Cowpea Salad Recipe Vinaigrette Dressing
Vinaigrette consists of 1 to 3 ratio lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Prepare the sauce in a clean, tightly sealed jar. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice, honey, olive oil salt, tightly close the lid and shake well for 50 seconds.